Saturday, September 10, 2011

Icky Battlefield Part 2

If you haven’t already, please read Part 1

Tomorrow we will be forming up ranks in front of the castle in the distance. But first, there is something about that building in the middle which is surrounded by trees. Something not quite right... Where is Rand?

I go to the building and everything is eerily quiet. I carefully open the door and sneak inside. The corridor is winding and there are no doors or entrances until the other end. A heavy wooden door is ajar so I slip through into a small workshop. There is a small catapult that needs oiling and a cement ball, freshly cast, that needs the burrs removed. As quietly as possible I do these things.

I hear a sound from beyond the door and for the first time notice a second door out of this room too. It sounds like Rand is talking to someone... Aughra! And they’re coming this way... but then they stop and a secret door opens in the wall. This isn’t good... I go through the second door and make my way back to the barracks, taking the catapult equipment with me (somehow). After describing what happened we decide instead that the real war will be focused on that small building, and we will strike tonight instead, hopefully before Rand is turned into an Icky.

New end!

No comments: