Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Golden Road

At work it was raining heavily and the building manager was attempting to close the roof. The roof had various layers like petals that weren't quite overlapping so we were moving electronic equipment and setting up buckets. Once that was done I decided to go home and was thankful for an umbrella.*

I walked through the mall past a street artist who was gilding the foot path. Literally a yellow brick road - bricks covered with gold leaf. I turned down a side alley and there was a costume store. One of the costumes that caught my eye was supposed to be one of the thundercats, but it was made out of laytex and the idea was to sew yourself into it and then body paint the rest... There were several people I knew from highschool in the shop looking at the costumes so I stopped to say hi.


* later this same day I discovered a leak in my roof and had to get into the ceiling space to fix it... damn prophetic dreams!

No comments: